Jana L. Allemeier, NCC, LPC, CHt.
I love providing psychotherapeutic counseling sessions for individuals seeking ways to maintain wellness, reduce stress or relieve pain, recover from physical, emotional or psychological injury or illness, and improve their quality of life.
As a therapist, possessing a strong combination of values, passion and experience, I love incorporating a sense of humour into my counselling sessions along with an awareness of the seriousness of each person’s individual issues. Part of personal freedom is learning to truly be you, to laugh and to experience joy, without requiring anyone else’s permission.
Believing in people’s inherent abilities, I specialize in ‘Personal Growth’, helping people change, to improve their lives and develop their full potential as they create the life they want to live. I have 30 years of experience and bring a diverse, eclectic body of therapy, knowledge and skill to assist you in reaching your goals.
Education/Licensure:Nationally Certified Counselor, Licensed Professional Counselor in Wisconsin, Licensed Mental Health Counselor in Iowa, Qualified Mental Health Professional in Illinois, Nationally Certified Hypnotherapist, w/a Master of Science in Education of Counseling degree.
Areas of focus include but are not limited to:
- Adults - Life Transitions/Life Changes
- Anxiety, Fears & Phobias
- Chronic Illnesses
- Depression & Sadness
- Emotional Disorders
- Fibromyalgia & other Chronic Pain Disorders
- Grief & Loss Recovery
- Insomnia & other Sleep Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Positive Psychology
- Psycho-education for low self-esteem & poor self-image
- Relational/Marital- traditional & non-traditional
- Relaxation Therapy for Stress Relief
- Suicide Ideation, Cutting and/or Self-mutilation
- Spiritual Difficulties – traditional & non-traditional
- Teens – Time of Life changes and issues
- Trauma – Mental, Emotional, Physical, Spiritual